Insurance – University of Copenhagen

Forward this page to a friend Resize Print Bookmark and Share

Housing Foundation > Practical Information > Living in Copenhagen > Insurance


The UCPH Housing Foundation does not provide you with any personal insurance -  this you will have to take out yourself. We strongly urge you to take out a standard  insurance policy that covers you, your actions and your personal belongings or make sure you are covered by your home country insurance. You may need it in many situations: Theft – your bag or your bike are stolen or burglary (someone breaks into your home and steals your belongings) If you cause damage to other persons or items, willfully or not, and likewise if another person causes damage the other way around. It can be anything from a bike accident resulting in a dentist bill to an unintentional flooding of the apartment below you – and vice versa.

Your landlord – the Housing Foundation or any other landlord – will in some cases cover building damages but is never liable for accidents or crime inside your home – you must have your own insurance.

The insurance companies listed below will cover students on short term stays in Denmark. Please note that there may be a fee for policies under one year duration.

Alm. Brand
Midtermolen 7
2100 København Ø
Tel.: (+45) 33 30 60 10

Tryg Forsikring
Klausdalsbrovej 601
2750 Ballerup
Tel.: (+45) 70 11 20 20