Registration at the Municipality – University of Copenhagen

Forward this page to a friend Resize Print Bookmark and Share

Housing Foundation > Practical Information > Living in Copenhagen > Registration at the Mu...

Registration at the Municipality

Registering with the City of Copenhagen upon arrival 
When first arriving in Denmark you must register with the national registration office of your Municipality ("Folkeregisteret") to receive a Danish Social Security Number (CPR-number). You need a CPR number in order to do many things such as open a Danish bank account, so it's important you get it done soon after your arrival in Denmark.

Departure from the City of Copenhagen 

Danish law also lays down that all people residing in Denmark must notify the Municipality when they move.

Please see the City of Copenhagen website for the steps that must be followed when leaving your current address in Copenhagen.