The descriptions here are basic information only. For full details, please read the relevant sections in the Booking Manual

Housing for more than one person

If you arrive with a partner or friend, there are different ways to book a room for the both of you. Please take note of the following: 

Renting a full studio

You are able to book a full studio for you and your partner, provided that you select a studio room marked as "2-person." This only requires one ID, and there will be one contract holder.

There will be 2 single beds in the room (one for you and one for your companion). You are of course welcome to re-arrange the furniture to suit your needs, but please arrange it to the original structure when you depart. 

You are not allowed to book a studio room marked as "Single" if your aim is live with a companion. There can only be one bed in these rooms. Furthermore, you will not be able to register two CPR numbers on the same address. 

Sharing with a spouse (and kids):

Family rooms are marked "Family" in the booking system. We do not have so many family options in the system, so please email us to see if we have other options. We cannot promise that we will. 

If you end up booking one of our family apartments, you are of course welcome to re-arrange the furniture to suit your needs, but please arrange it to the original structure when you depart. 

Who has permission to move in and take address at your apartment/room and how many must live there.

If you think about sharing an apartment with someone it is important to read the following text.  You will receive a paper to clarify who is allowed to  stay in the apartment with you rented by UCPH Housing Foundation. The paper also tells how many there are allowed to live in the apartment/room and what you must do when a person moves in.
We get questions from time to time from tenants about these issues.

You must also be aware of the fact, that if a person want to move in in your apartment/room and apply for a CPR, the Local Authority (eg. Copenhagen Municipality) will contact UCPH Housing Foundation asking us to confirm if we will permit the person to take address at you. In this paper, we also describe the procedure we follow in such a situation.

Whom has permission to stay with you in your apartment/room and take address there? Only members of your household are according to the Rental Act § 26 allowed to move in and take address at your apartment. Household includes established relationship, i.e. your family, partner, and other close relationship.

The Household application has to be approved by the Housing Foundation. Please see more details here

A person with whom you have no other relationship than you have decided to share an apartment/room is not a member of your household and can therefor not move in and take address. If you anyway let the person move in, it is subletting.
According to your contract, you has no permission to sublet. If you are subletting, you are acting against your contract and it can be a violation of your contract.
If you are not sure, about a person being accepted as a member of your household you are always welcome to contact UCPH Housing Foundation.

How many persons can get permission to stay in the apartment and take address there?

Normally it is so, that when you rent a “one room” student apartment you are normally not allowed to stay other than yourself as contract holder and take address here.
Some of our “one room” apartments is possible to rent as a shared apartment, which means that there are two contract holders. In that case you do not have to be seen as a household.
Other “one room” apartments can have a size that makes it possible for a household with two persons to stay there.
For other apartments, according to the act of Housing Regulation § 52 a, we are not allowed to rent an apartment out to more than two person pr. living room (not including kitchen, bathroom etc.) and they shall all be members of the contract holders household. If we ask for it, you are bound to inform us about the size of your household and their relationship to you.

The procedure if a person asks the Local Authorities for CPR

When a person apply for CPR at the Local Authorities, they ask UCPH Housing Foundation if we permit the person to take address at your apartment.
We send you a scheme you must fill in. In the scheme, you must tell us who is member of your household, and their relationship to you. You must also tell us about your relationship to the person who has applied for CPR.
We will then tell you if we accept membership of your household and what we answer the Local Authorities.

Renting a shared room (half of 1 room)

These rooms will be marked with an A or a B (eg. 201A and 201B), and will also have the label "Shared." This allows for two users to book the same room (furnished with 2 single beds). 

If you and your (same-sex) friend or partner would like to share a room together, you can opt to book A, and your friend can book the B side. Each of you will have your own contracts and financial accounts. 

If you are a couple consisting of a woman and a man, one of you will need to enter faulty gender information, since the booking system by default is set to allow only same-sex occupants. This will allow you to view the same room. One of you will be able to book the A side, and the other can book the B side of the same room. Once the contract is in place you can change your sex back again. This is the only time we will ask you to cheat on your registration.

Apartments with Shared Rooms (A and B rooms)

Shared rooms (1 room with two beds) are in the following residences:

  • A/B Alleen
  • Det Ny Emdrupborg
  • Rebslagervej 
  • Sølvgade
  • Tåsingegade Kollegie
  • Øresunds
  • Østerbro Kollegiet 

Should you require two beds in Sølvgade and there are only single rooms left in the housing system, please contact us as we may be able to make arrangements with specific rooms.